TWCA Mid-Year Conference
Thank you to all who attended, sponsored, and presented at TWCA's 2018 Mid-Year Conference at La Toretta Lake Resort & Spa in Montgomery, Texas, June 13-15!
Attorney CLE Credits
The program has been approved for 5.0 hours of CLE credits, including 1.0 hours of ethics credits. The course number is 174019573. Note that you cannot claim more than 4.0 hours of credits, as two of the approved courses occurred at the same time during breakout sessions. The approved courses include:
- Disaster and Flood Response in the Houston Area (1 hour):
- Post Oak Savannah GCD Aquifer Conservancy Program (.5 hours)
- Win: Win Legislative Proposal for Floatable Litter Prevention and Funding Mechanism for Flood Mitigation and Infrastructure (.5 hours)
- Case Law Update (.5 hours)
- Brooke Paup, Director, Texas Water Development Board (.5 hours)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Future Role in Civil Works, (1 hour)
- Between Flint and A Hard Place: Legal Ethics in Water Service (1 hour)
This year's service project included a partnership with the San Jacinto River Authority to assist with their Stormwater Inlet Marking Program (SwIM). Groups of 2-4 were tasked with placing SJRA stormwater seals throughout designated neighborhoods. Teams placed over 180 markers and all had a great time!
First Place Golf Team: David Collinsworth, Bech Bruun, Dan Buhman and Jim Oliver.
Tied for First Place Golf Team: David Parkhill, Dean Robbins, Jace Houston, Ronnie Anderson and Mitchell Page.
Second Place Golf Team: Scott Hall, David Montagne, Doug Anders, Glenn Martin and Walt Sears.
Closest to the pin: Bech Bruun
Longest drive: Bobby Adams